Even though cold email outreach is a good way to get backlinks, it doesn’t always work well for everyone. Only 8.5% of the 12 million cold emails that Backlink examined resulted in a response. The numbers decrease considerably more from receiving the initial response to actually closing the deal. Thus, the question of what is wrong with link building today arises.
Perspective is the solution. People that conduct cold email outreach for link building place a greater emphasis on scale than on personalization. They believe their chances of success will increase as they cast a wider net. The fact is that marketers and SEO managers are sick of receiving useless and spam emails that make cold outreach seem unprofessional.
Focus on personalization, relevancy, and value if you want to stop sending spam emails and genuinely secure backlinks. In this post, we’ll discuss six methods to maximize the return on investment (ROI) of cold email outreach for link building and offer advice on how to beat out subpar link builders.
1. Select an appropriate link-building approach
Finding the link building method that works best for your company is the first rule of creating authority links at scale. You have a variety of choices, depending on your preferences, objectives, and sector:
Linking together tall buildings
The skyscraper strategy, invented by Brian Dean back in 2013, is still widely used in the SEO industry. This is how it goes: Find a piece of content that can attract links from high-authority sites and produce something significantly superior to it. This may seem straightforward, but it can be challenging to outwit tested material.
How to do it is as follows:
- Find the weak aspects in the article, original research, or infographic that is receiving a lot of backlinks. If you examine it closely, you’ll notice that it’s either outdated, broad yet shallow, or improperly formatted.
- Fill in the blanks now with deeper analysis, newer perceptions, and improved graphics. Use the current asset as the standard and outperform it with higher value.
- To overthrow the preceding asset, locate sources that are linked to it and submit your article.
That’s all, then! You have gathered reliable backlinks from pertinent websites. In 2021, Brian’s article on the skyscraper approach had more than 1,800 referral domains, according to Ahrefs.
Links that are not
Unlinked remarks are among the most shrewd strategies for obtaining backlinks. You should use the chance presented by outlets mentioning your name or your goods without providing a connection to your website.
- The source already trusts your resources, the unlinked mention technique is effective.
- It is simpler to persuade them to include a hyperlink.
- It is inexpensive and quite effective.
Unlinked mentions is the tricky part. For picture assets, you can utilize Mention, Ahrefs, Semrush, or Google reverse image search.
Broken link construction
The skyscraper technique’s resource building is combined with the inquisitive mindset of unlinked mentions in broken link building. How to do it is as follows:
- Get the Check My Links app. Find links with 404 and other issues using a Chrome extension.
- Make a list of all the broken links while you browse the websites you want to receive backlinks from.
- To replace the links, provide more compelling content.
- Send the site administrator a chilly email to offer assistance.
One of the best link-building techniques is broken link building since it involves providing free value up front. This should be your go-to content curation technique if you have a sizable content pool or a powerful content development engine.
Everyone may utilize listicles to create backlinks, from retail and ecommerce business owners to SaaS providers. Having your website listed in well-known “Top X” and “Best of” articles shows Google that you’re a reliable source, which enhances your SEO performance. Listicles are high-intent content assets, so they may also bring you some targeted visitors.
How to do it is as follows:
- Locate the listicle you wish to contribute to. You’ll benefit from following your favorite blogs and media in pertinent categories.
- Send the author a cold email to express your appreciation for the listicle, introduce yourself, and even invite them to test your services if you discover related firms on the list.
Popular blogger Ryan Robinson has compiled a list of the best alternatives that provides excellent backlinks to the solutions that have been chosen.